Coastal Hydraulics, Inc. is a leading provider of hydraulic and pneumatic system design, fabrication, repair, refurbishment, and rebuilding services for a wide range of industrial and mobile equipment applications. Major market segments served include ship building and repair, cargo handling, steel and aluminum-making, cranes and mobile construction, general manufacturing, paper production, energy, municipal fire and rescue, mining and excavation as well as others.
While our associates serve customers throughout the United States, our primary base of operation is Charleston SC.
At Coastal Hydraulics, we are always open to expanding and improving our team. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any other applicable documentation for consideration by completing the form below. Or click here to download and print our employment application and fax to 843-572-7615.
Thank you for your interest in Coastal Hydraulics!
Develop sales opportunities in assigned accounts and build new account relationships by establishing a presence and rapport with leading customer decision-makers, as well as by providing technical and consultative support.
Generate steady streams of revenue by soliciting and obtaining work orders; evaluating and interpreting technical requirements; preparing proposals, presenting quotes and providing technical information.
Capture detailed technical specifications and/or diagnostic information, confer with Operations to prepare quotes, present to customer decision-makers, secure purchase orders, monitor completion of work, and deliver completed assemblies.
Build and update industrial expertise by studying new product innovations and participating in technical training and certification programs.
Record of achieving/exceeding sales goals, prospecting and closing skills, technical know-how, relationship-building, and interpersonal skills, computer skills, time management and self-organization capabilities.
Best qualified candidates will have five or more years of industrial sales experience in hydraulic systems and repair services. Higher-level education in sales, mechanical engineering, industrial equipment distribution, fluid power or related field preferred. International Fluid Power Society (IFPS) certifications or eligibility ideal. Proven mechanical aptitude from technical education, specialized training or on-the-job experience is required. 75% same day travel required. Some overnight travel may be necessary.
- Competitive compensation
- Expense reimbursement
- Company vehicle
- Profit bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package
The primary responsibility of the Hydraulic Mechanic is to provide expert service for a range of cylinders, pumps, motors, and power units; including troubleshooting, evaluation, repair and assembly. You must be able to:
- Diagnose problems and present recommendations for repairs
- Use schematics and diagnostic equipment to investigate hydraulic or pneumatic system problems
- Tear down, evaluate and repair cylinders, pumps, motors and power units
- Inspect parts and various components. Determine if parts are re-conditionable and write service reports
- Reassemble components when repair is complete and prepare for delivery to customer
- Minimum of five years fluid power experience (hydraulic, pneumatic and/or electro-mechanical) or equivalent training
- Ability to read hydraulic schematics
- Ability to fully understand hydraulic systems – size and build – preferred
- Basic mechanical abilities and /or formal mechanical training
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools and operate jib cranes and forklifts without assistance
- Ability to use various tools for measurement (micrometer, id micrometer, and calipers)
- Ability to complete field service work independently
- Ability to troubleshoot and properly diagnose failure of hydraulic systems and components
- Ability to identify a wide range of fluid power manufacturers and to recognize their products and complete
initial parts quoting
- Regularly required to walk, sit, stand, crouch and lift up to 75 pounds required
- Overtime may be required during extended weekday hours or for plant shutdowns on weekends or during
- International Fluid Power Society (IFPS) certification a plus
Coastal Hydraulics, Inc. offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including 401k, company paid healthcare premiums and long-term disability. Background check (including criminal record) and drug screening are required. To apply, please send résumé to email@example.com.